Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Years- to resolutions and resolve...

Now, while I am not one who usually sets let alone sticks to new years resolutions.... but this year, with it being the end of a decade and all, feel like I should at least do something to commemorate...  so i am. 

I do have several resolutions, but I'm going to refer to them as goals.  just sounds better, imho.

goals:
1- lose some weight and tone up a little
2- stop smoking
3- organize my life and try to keep it that way.

and now, a look back at my life the  past decade:

My Decade, in memories

2000- In high school, well set to graduate in may, 2001.  I am the extreme portrait of senioritis, I only have class from 8-12 and then I'm home.  I play for the varsity girls golf team.  I'm on the Executive board for Business Professionals of America (BPA).  I work at Fareway grocery stores.

2001- I travel to spain with some classmates, spending time in Madrid, Barcelona, Toledo, and living with a family in Zaragoza.  I graduate high school with a 3.496  (only 0.004 away from being an honors student) I move out of my parents house, start the transfer program at Kirkwood Community College.  I still work at Fareway.

2002- Still attending college....  no clue what my plans are.  in december, Chad and I start dating.  We met through Fareway, where we both still work.

2003- I move into the boys apartment with chad, and then we move into a different place during the summer.  We get a cat.  we hate each other.  (not really, but truth be told, we did not really get along for the first year we lived together. I'm still at Fareway.

2004- I stop attending kirkwood, because I need to figure out what i want to do with my life.  one of our friends comes up to "stay with us for a couple weeks while he finds a job and a place to live"  Chad goes back to school.

2005- He's still there.  Chad asks me to marry him.  I leave Fareway, finally. We all move together to a crappy apartment. I start a new job for a staffing agency, love it.  get fired.  work for a short stint for a clothing consignment store that doesn't last either.  Start at River City Property Management, as the 5th receptionist in a year and a half.  love the job, hate the bs. chad and i mount a united front and reclaim our house.  (after a year and a half, we live by ourselves again)

2006- lost almost 60 pounds, got married in september, traveled to niagara falls for our honeymoon.  in october, found out i'm 3 months pregnant.  we move into a duplex where i had grown up as a child.

2007- we welcome lillian rose into the world, who decides a rapid entrance would be best, blessing me with a 2.5 hour delivery.  Chad graduates kirkwood and starts the university of iowa in the fall.  I'm a stay at home mom for the summer and return to work at river city part time in the fall.  chad is still at fareway, working full time.

2008- I get a job at the university of iowa working in the ER.  love it.  gives me insurance, even though i only work part time, and allows chad to go part time at fareway.  I start school at the university of iowa, in the art program.

2009-  lily starts gymnastics.  i still work at the er.  chad still works at fareway.  we both attend the university and are on our way to getting honors status for both of us. 

and whats coming??
2010- I have two art shows in april, we graduate in may, and are planning a trip to the caribbean in june or july.  chad may continue on in school in the fall, we're still trying to work that all out.  As for me, I'm looking forward to the changes and adventures that we've got in store for us this next year.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment