Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another day, another project...

So as the semester is in full swing, I have a million projects and side projects that are going on in my head, with the first thing on my mind always being the big BFA whatnots.  And as if I weren't stressing over that enough, I walk into the SA building today, and what is the first thing I see?  A sign-up sheet for the BFA clearances.  They're earlier than I thought they were going to be....  so now I'm feeling a bit of a time crunch.  This week and next are all going to be devoted to fine tuning and printing images, with the hope that I can get my portfolio looking tip-top in time for the big presentation.  I might possibly pee my pants.  (it's a distinct possibility, should I wear some depends that day just in case?) 

So here's just a glimpse into the art-world of lori, with what all projects I'm currently working on and what deadlines I have.  (I know most of you probably don't care, but this blog is as much for my benefit as it is for your amusement....)

BFA Clearance- [deadline Nov. 4] Still working on two new projects that I hope to have completed in time for the deadline, though now that it's ten days earlier than I thought it would be, I'm wondering if I'll be able to get them complete to include in my portfolio or not...  Other than that, it's sort and print, sort and print, sort and print at this point.

Photo- [current project deadline Oct 21] The current project is "Landscape and the Hand of Man."  From working on my honors project at the same time, I think I've got this one in the bag.  Just a little more editing and printing them all and things should be good to go.

Silkscreen- [deadline ?]  My teacher isn't very good about giving us deadlines, but we just had our last project crit last thursday, so I'm imagining that we're going to have a good bit of time to design and work on this project, seeing as we haven't even cleaned out our screens from the last project yet, this one is on the back burner.

Sistene Chapel- [midterm deadline- Oct 22, paper deadline- Dec 8ish]  I haven't even started working on the paper yet, honestly.  I do have an idea though, but much research and time devoted is going to be necessary.  Hopefully thanksgiving break will afford me some time, even though that's gonna cut it really close...

Metals- [deadline Nov 5]  This is the deadline for the current project, though I know that sometime toward the end of the month, I need to start concieving of my final project as well, since we have a much shorter time period to work on it....  This project is going well right now, and my wax mold is complete, and tonight I started making a silicone mold in case something goes wrong, I can re-create my wax mold in a flash.  I have the outer shell of the ears formed, and the tail is partway forged.  I just need to hammer it into a round shape and then shape it, and it will be set to go.  I think if I can get my piece in the tank on thursday, I could possibly have it complete a week before the deadline, at the pace that I'm working on.  (I hope)

Dig Imaging [deadline Oct 15] Yeah, this is my first deadline out of all of them, and all I need to do is print my selection of images(which takes longer than you think, after you battle it out with photoshop and imageprint....)  I hope to be able to print them during my regular photo class tomorrow, otherwise I'm going to be cutting it really close to the wire trying to print them on thursday.....

So there you have it.  Along with my class artiness, I've been crocheting like a madman, in any free moment I have.  I alternate my breaks at work with crocheting and reading for my sistene chapel class, and as of right now, I have 1 scarf and 1pair of gloves that are complete and 3 scarves that are in process (I have to switch between them to avoid tedium).  I need at least 7 items to give away for xmas gifts, so I'll call it a fourth of the way done.... 

Speaking of xmas, I really really really need to start thinking about what everyone is getting.  It's got to be cheap this year, even poor lily isn't going to get very much, as we need to conserve as much money as we can this year.  We're trying to save up for a cruise to take after we graduate, as a present to the both of us for making it through a 4 year degree, and thus far we have roughly 650 saved up.  That would be about enough to get one and a half people on the cruise, not even considering drinks, souveniers, money for stops on the mainland, and all that jazz.  Besides that, I need to get my passport updated, and find chads.  Should I even be thinking about this now?  No, probably not, but the thought of it is kind of keeping me sane right now.

Seeing as it's already well past my bedtime and I still have a lot of things to do tonight, I'm going to have to end it there.  Goodnight, all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment