Monday, October 19, 2009

Midterms, yikes

So I always tend to freak out when midterms roll around, and this semester is no exception.... and as usual, I'm in pretty good shape for my art classes, but not my art history.... it makes me sad.  I've written 5 single spaced pages and I'm not even done answering 2 of the questions. 

When I get stressed, I take breaks from papers by watching movies and crocheting, and this week has been no different, so I've got a few new things to post!  I hope you enjoy, and I might even post the patterns later this week.  :)


This is another scarf done in the zigzag pattern, meant to go in the bag for someone to choose from at christmas.  :)



 Curly scarf- these are so much fun to do!!!  It takes about an hour to make one scarf, and so it's ideal for doing during a movie! [easiest pattern in the world, so easy, I'll list it here, right now!]
Disclaimer: I'm a free-former.... so I almost never follow a pattern exactly.  When you start this scarf, just make a chain that is however long that you would like the scarf to be.  You can use a variety of needle sizes, for this one, I used an "I", for the next two I'll post, I've used different sizes.... The black on is a "N" and the purple is a "P"

ch however many you like for the length
sk 1st ch, sc in ea ch after, ch 2, turn
sk 1st sc, 2dc in ea sc to end, ch 2, turn
sk 1st sc, 2dc in ea dc to end, tie off.

The scarf will naturally curl.  :D




 

Here's a hat that I made as a test... a girl at work asked me to make her a hat and scarf, and this was the pattern she wanted.  I thought I would give it a shot before I got her yarn, just so I knew what I would be getting into.




As you can see, I've been busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment